The mailroom has seen a significant transformation over time. Thanks to email, texting, and other digital forms of communication, the volume of incoming and outgoing mail has substantially decreased. Despite all the digital communication that takes place, organizations still receive physical mail such as letters, packages, magazines, documents, banking correspondence, and so much more. There are numerous disadvantages of traditional Mail Room Management.
Typically, the management of the mailroom entails monitoring the distribution and delivery of physical mail or couriers, ensuring that they are accurately directed to their intended recipients. An organization may find a back-end function like the administration department puts lots of effort and manual work is time-consuming.
To assist you to understand why your organization should convert from a traditional mail room to a Digital Mailroom Management System. Meanwhile , let’s look at some disadvantages of a traditional mail room.
Disadvantages of Traditional Mail Room Management
1. Time-Consuming: The first disadvantage is that this method takes time. Traditional mailrooms are just too labour-intensive. All stages of traditional Mailroom Management require manual labour, including mail collection, processing, storage, and distribution.
And then there is the huge role of hiring employees so that packages or vital documents can be delivered.
2. Costly Process: There may be a standard mailroom system that is less expensive, but acquiring space for physical mail or courier and their records. Also, stationery costs like paper, ink, and pens can add more expense to the organization’s accounts. Fees for the delivery person can vary according to the distance.
3. Complexity: Capturing and organizing all of the data associated with delivered or couriered items can be difficult and time-consuming. Every time a package arrives at the office, the details of the packages should be manually entered and records should always be added. Thereafter, the appropriate employee should be personally notified.
Therefore, maintaining those records manually is time-consuming, takes lots of effort, and causes numerous obstacles for operational tasks.
4. No Data Security: Manual mailroom processes commonly lose or misplace items and there’s always a chance of losing or misplacing sensitive data. The documentation about the received package and courier needs to be entered manually. This information contains the sender of the package, who received it, what it contains, confidential data, and high-security messages.
Having access to data makes it easy for anyone to harm an organization or an individual by utilizing it.
5. Communication Gap: Last disadvantage of traditional mailroom management is a huge communication gap between the sender and the receiver. There is no effective communication between the dispatcher and the recipient. There isn’t any way to receive real-time updates regarding your parcel or courier in traditional Mailroom Systems.
Traditional mailroom management methods require a significant amount of time, are prone to human error, and reduce employee productivity. The Solution to this Problem is that Every organization should begin implementing a Modern Mailroom Management System to prevent and minimize this burden.
In addition, an organization can save more money by automating numerous downstream processes because of digitizing the mailroom, Which also increases Mailroom efficiency and lowers the cost of operations. Businesses of all sizes can achieve their primary goals with mailroom automation while spending less money overall and running less risk.
Discover the Benefits of Utilizing Mail Room Management System for your Organization ..
We are Always Available to hear you.